October 1, 2023
Jesus “emptied” Himself. For us, life often does it to us, without our choosing it. But this can become the path to true, lasting exaltation.
- We hope to be filled, but we frequently experience being emptied.
- Even our spiritual lives can become dark, difficult, and humbling, as St. John of the Cross tells us.
- St. Paul calls us to follow Jesus, who emptied Himself, “but God highly exalted Him.”
- God desires to exalt you also in glory.
- Our love and obedience, our trust and humility, permit this.