August 27, 2023
Jesus proclaims Peter as the rock on which He will build His Church. At the same time, He reveals the attacks of evil against it, attacks that we are living today.
- Pope St. Paul VI, already in 1972, spoke of the “smoke of Satan” that had entered the Church.
- Immediately following this Gospel passage, Jesus rebukes Peter: “Get behind Me, Satan”.
- What can guide us when the corruption in the Church reaches the highest levels, as has happened too often?
- Jesus is the Cornerstone of the Church.
- Simple faith in He who is our Rock saves us.