May 22, 2022
Through the terrible battles and beasts of the Book of Revelations, the Lamb is Triumphant! What does the climax of His Wedding Feast reveal to us about our vocation?
- The Book of Revelation is a book of the triumph of God’s love. The great apocalyptic symbol is the LAMB who triumphs.
- There was no one else capable in heaven or earth, in the seas, of opening the scrolls of the great designs of God except the lamb, which was a symbol of gentleness and sacrifice.
- The Lord reveals to us that the ultimate power, the final triumph, comes from the power of sacrificial love.
- The book of the apocalypse is joining the definitive union of God with man and Paradise – the Holy City, the New Jerusalem.
- The bride, who is the Church, made herself ready in fine linen. The linen is the righteous deeds of the saints.
- We are not invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb, we are invited to be the bride in the wedding feast. The bride is the Church and each member of the Church.
Revelation is the book of the triumph of God’s love. The Lord is revealing to us that the ultimate power, the final triumph comes from the power of sacrificial love. Scripture begins with the tragedy of man’s sin, which separates us from God. Then Jesus comes as the Lamb to repair that and reunite man with God. And so, the book of the apocalypse is joining the definitive union of God with man and Paradise.
The Lord, our God, the Almighty reigns. Let us rejoice and exult and give Him the glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come and His bride has made herself ready. The bride, who is the Church, the mystical bride of Christ. We are invited to be the bride in this wedding feast, because the bride is the Church, but it’s also each member of the Church. Holy Communion is a preparation in anticipation for the wedding feast. It’s already a communion, a strengthening, the communion of our soul with Jesus and preparing for the great wedding feast.