May 8, 2022
The Book of Revelation is addressed to us in our tribulation. This is the first of a series of 3 homilies on the Apocalypse. This is a vision of FAITH, in Jesus, the Lord of History.
- The Book of Revelation comes at the end of the Bible. The apocalypse is about what is happening in our time and what will happen, it’s a prophetic book.
- John has been given a vision from heaven of what will happen and revealing what is normally hidden from us.
- The Book of Revelation is frightening because it reveals to us the true evil and the dangers in our world, our spirit and soul. But above all, a book of hope and reassurance that evil will be overcome.
- There is a special blessing for those who read this book or listens to what is written therein, even without complete understanding.
- The book of the Bible ends in a symbolic way showing us how the Lord will continue to act till the culmination of human history preparing for His great coming.
- Book of Revelation reveals Jesus in glory who will guide the Church and all humanity. The anti-Christ forces are fighting against He who’s the True Lord of History.
In John’s vision, he saw a lamb. The lamb was Jesus, the Lamb of God, “a lamb that had been slain, had been sacrificed, but is now standing alive. And this lamb takes the scroll. And when the lamb takes the scroll, all those there shout and triumph, the kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever.” This is our faith.