April 17, 2022
The celebration of Easter is not a temporary flight from reality. It is part of the Paschal Mystery where Jesus exposes evil and confronts it. And He emerges victorious, to show us the way.
- Some people come to the Easter service sensing the joy of the resurrection of Jesus. Others come with a lot of pain and sadness, with heavy hearts and struggles and do not feel the resurrection of Jesus.
- John Paul referred to Easter celebration as the Paschal Mystery, the Passover of Jesus from suffering in death to the resurrection. It is one great passage.
- One of the works of the Paschal Mystery of Jesus and His Holy Spirit is to expose and uncover evil.
- When we become aware of the evil in our world and in our lives, it puts our faith to the test and we struggle to hope and believe.
- When we put to death our sinful nature, we can be freed from sin and experience a newness of life and the grace of the resurrection.
- If we participate in His passion, we will live His resurrection. That is why the celebration of Easter is to strengthen our hope.
One of the works of the Paschal Mystery of Jesus, and His Holy Spirit is to expose evil. What Jesus does is uncover evil. Because evil in our world is often hidden.
If we hold on to Jesus, this very suffering becomes the path to glory, becomes the very path to glory, the only path to glory. If we participate in His passion, we will live His resurrection. In the midst of all that we’re going through, and our world is going through, we repeat also today, “Jesus, we trust in You.”