February 20, 2021
Forgiving can be very hard, but also very powerful for our own liberation. Here is an exercise to help.
- Forgiveness is one of the most effective things we can do for our own transformation of our own life and for God’s triumph over Satan and increase God’s reign.
- When we forgive, that doesn’t mean that the person does not have to answer to the justice of God. We leave justice in the hands of God who is the just judge.
- Jesus says to ‘bless those who curse you and pray for those who mistreat you”. We should pray for our enemies and their conversion.
- We should want to choose to forgive and try to forgive.
- We are praying with the whole Church when we pray to forgive us our trespasses. That includes our Blessed Mother and the saints.
- It is in Jesus crucified whom we find the graces to forgive.
By forgiving, it is the most effective thing we can do, to destroy the power of satan and increase God’s reign. We can only be forgiven if we forgive. God is just, but it’s not our role to create that justice, but to forgive.