January 23, 2022
January 22nd is the anniversary of the 1973 Supreme Court decision that legalized abortion throughout our nation. Today’s Gospel is a call to proclaim good news for the poor and oppressed. How can we be instruments of God’s love and truth and mercy in this issue that has affected all of us?
- Each year all dioceses in the United States are called to observe a day of prayer for the legal protection of unborn children.
- For those who have been involved in an abortion, God and His Church offers forgiveness and healing after abortion.
- For Christians, being prolife means embracing with the love and mercy of Jesus to all who have been involved in an abortion.
- Abortion is part of the attack against the truth about marriage, about family, about procreation and human sexuality, including the truth that is being attacked today of God creating two sexes.
- The family, which God designed as a safe haven for His civilization of love to flourish, is an institution that no other institution can come close in its importance to the family.
- Joh Mary shares his involvement in the prolife movement.
Doing what God calls each one of us to do is helping to spread God’s love and mercy, in the sacrifice of babies in abortion. Throughout history, evil has attacked the most precious of our society and the closest with God. Abortion is the continuation of that child sacrificing. In Mass we can offer our sacrifices with Jesus in praying for the protection, the restoration and protection of human life, from conception until natural death.