January 16, 2022
This can represent the lack of joy and love in a marriage, or in our lives. In that situation, what is the Holy Spirit teaching us in the Gospel?
- Every moment is carefully designed by God’s providence. Nothing happens just by chance. Changing water into wine is the very first miracle of Jesus.
- This important and significant event is showing Jesus’s blessing of Holy Matrimony between one man and one woman.
- Jesus doesn’t just give a good wine, He gives it in abundance. This is a sign that God created us for an abundant joy that comes from the presence of Jesus.
- The key is for us to invite Jesus and Mary into our lives, to our weddings, into our families and our relationships.
- This gospel reveals the power of Mary’s intercession, she doesn’t tell Him what to do, she just brings the need to Him and trusts the need to Him.
- Jesus was wanting to make Mary’s intercession. He could have done it without Mary’s intercession, but He does it because of her intercession.
In this Gospel, the Holy Spirit is teaching us to invite Jesus and Mary into our own lives and to our weddings and families and our relationships.
Jesus does His very first miracle because of Mary’s intercession, and this is highlighting the power of Mary’s intercession. She always leads to Jesus. She doesn’t lead us to herself to separate us from Jesus, but she always leads us to Jesus and leads us to obey Him.