December 12, 2021
St. John the Baptist and today’s feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe show us how effective God’s prophetic gifts can be for unleashing the transformative power of the Gospel. And how we can participate.
- After a long absence of the great voice of prophecy, John the Baptist presented an invitation for all to respond and prepare for the one who is coming. It was an invitation of transformation.
- The Church exist in order to evangelize. Evangelization is so people can believe and be saved. It is the mission of the Church.
- A prophet is one who has received a message from God and has the mission to proclaim that message.
- Prophetic evangelization is evangelization with this power of the prophetic graces. Jesus is the greatest example of prophetic evangelization.
- The apparition of Our Lady of Guadalupe to Juan Diego resulted in 9 million conversions asking to be baptized. A great example of prophetic evangelization.
- Prophetic evangelization is an anointed language, anointed by the Holy Spirit that speaks to the heart.
Only the Gospel of Jesus can transform our world. That’s the Church’s mission, evangelization, but God to help the Church, gives these prophetic graces.