November 21, 2021
On the Feast of Christ the King, our little Mission of Divine Mercy is now 20 years old. How can its spirit help you with the challenges you are facing? Fr. John Mary discusses the book “I Am Sending You Prophets” in this homily. Information on this book can be found on this website on the ‘Our Charism, Faith & Prophecy’ page.
- God often hides His mysteries. An example is in the Eucharist in which we celebrate the Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of our Lord in what appears to be just a little wafer of bread.
- The MDM is a treasure that the Lord has given to this community for the difficult times now and for the times that are coming.
- John Mary’s method for discerning modern-day prophets, is to go back to the gospels and study the heroes of Scripture who were people of simple faith. Jesus said to discern by the quality of their fruit, good or bad.
- Prophecy exist today. God continues to give the grace of prophecy to guide action, encourage us and sometimes to correct us.
- God not lonely wants to act and pour out His mercy, He is calling for our corporation. We are called to His co-workers through our faith to seek His will.
- So much of the trail of the Mission of Divine Mercy has been waiting on the Lord.
- Mystery, prophecy and the hope are fundamental for this Mission.
In describing the Mission of Divine Mercy over the past 20 years, Father uses the word Mystery. He emphasized the importance of prophecy and prophets all throughout the history of the Church, and continuing today in His initial discernment process involving the eventual beginning of the Mission of Divine Mercy.
In describing the past 20 years Father goes through how it has been first of all very hard, secondly a chance for discernment and thirdly an opportunity for Thanksgiving. Finally, the word that He says is foundational for the Mission is Hope, hope for the troubled times in which we are living.