August 8, 2021
Today, many are losing their faith. Faith is hard. Is there anything you can do for your faith? Jesus, in this Gospel, show us the 3 key elements of an act of faith.
- Even at the cross, people’s faith was shaken due to the attacks of the religious leaders, the abandonment and denials from Jesus’s apostles and the appearance that God was absent and abandoned Him.
- Today, faith in Jesus is attacked by Church experts, the contamination by evil in the Church and what seems like God’s abandonment of His people.
- We make an act of faith in difficult situation in three elements.
- First element is eternal signs. Signs are very important and we have to seek them with an open heart.
- Second element is the interior grace of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit moves the heart to convert it to God. Human efforts are not sufficient, there needs to be divine assistance.
- Third element is our free response. Each person has to decide whether or not to accept the action of the Holy Spirit. Christ invited people to faith and conversion, but never forced them.
Faith, especially today is often very difficult. But God gives us signs to help us, if we’re attentive to those signs. Like one way, simply reading scripture, the Scripture is a sign. He also gives us the second element, an interior Grace, the help of the Holy Spirit. Jesus says, no one can come to me unless the Father draw him. The third part is our free response.
The good news is you don’t have to do this all by yourself, there is the help of the Holy Spirit. We invoke Him at the beginning of Mass, He is present with us.
God is helping, God is drawing, the Holy Spirit is acting in each soul. But each person has to decide whether they’re going to accept that action of the Holy Spirit, that attraction of God or not.