June 27, 2021
We hear a lot about superheroes today. We wish someone would come to save us from evil. What if there was a real one…
- It is important to look at Jesus in a realistic account of a superhero coming to do battle.
- Satan is aiming at us, we are the targets of his envy. Jesus is giving us the formation to face this battle.
- The Book of Revelations, the apocalypse, is the very word of God which reveals, in symbolic language, the mysteries of this battle.
- Satan and his angels were thrown down to earth and because he knows his time is short and limited, he’s come with great wrath to our world.
- Satan was angry with the woman and went off to make war on the rest of her offspring. The offspring are those who keep the commandments of God and bear witness to Jesus.
- Jesus is teaching us His formula for this battle. The key point to this battle is to follow Jesus with faith.
- We are called to be part of this army in this battle. Even though we are weak, we can do this by following Jesus with faith as Mary did.
In the world today, with all the spiritual battles against mankind, we are called to help by trusting and having faith in Jesus, who can defeat all evil by just saying His word. We cannot defeat Satan and the evil in our world, because he is too clever and strong. Having faith and trust in Jesus is our strength.