May 30, 2021
The feast of the Holy Trinity leads us to the ultimate Mystery. We are called to share in it. We experience sorrow now, but Jesus wants to give us His Joy. Full. Without limit or end.
- The Feast of the Holy Trinity leads us to the very ultimate realities and reveals the ultimate mystery of who you are and the sense of your own life.
- Jesus wants to give us His joy while the evil one takes joy in evil.
- Being sorrowful is a sign of wisdom: the evil of man is corrected, man escapes eternal torment and present sorrow will become eternal joy.
- The reason Jesus came was so that His joy could be in you, His infinite joy of the Father’s love for Him.
- Nobody but the Lord can give you the fullness of joy. The Lord created in you an infinite capacity for joy. This time on earth is stretching us and preparing us so we can receive more joy.
- He promises us joy if we follow Him into battle despite our weakness and our sinfulness. If we trust in Him, He will share His glory.
If we follow Jesus into battle in this world, it’s very difficult, but we are sure of the victory. Even if it looks hopeless. We know that Jesus is the victor. And if we are with Him, despite our own weaknesses, and despite our own sinfulness, if we hold on to Him, if we trust Him, we also will share His glory.
That’s what St. Paul said, “If we share His suffering, so as to share His glory.” Right now, we are sharing His suffering, so that we can share His glory. So, sorrow now, joy forever. Sorrow now in the battle, infinite joy forever, the infinite joy of the Trinity. “That My joy may be in you, and your joy may be complete,” By our faith in Jesus, we are on the path for the fullness of joy, so that His joy may be in you and your joy may be complete.