May 16, 2021
Did Jesus really rise from the dead? A cold case homicide detective, an atheist, uses his investigative techniques to see where the evidence leads.
- No other religion makes an extraordinary claim that Jesus died in Jerusalem and came back with a glorified body.
- Christianity makes historical claim and a historical fact that Jesus rising from the dead transcends our world, happened in our world and happened in our history.
- The Apostles had the difficult task of convincing people that Jesus rose from the dead in a glorified body and that they will die bearing witness to that proclamation.
- Jay Warner Wallace, a homicide detective, wrote the book, Cold Case Christianity.
- Jesus actually rising from the dead according to Jay Wallace, best fits all the compiled evidence.
- Through Jay Wallace’s investigation, he himself experienced a life changing experience and became a witness of the resurrection of Jesus.
The readings today are about Jesus ascending into Heaven. Father presents the results from a cold case homicide detective, who was an atheist. After going through the Gospels of Mark, the detective reached the conclusion by all of the standards of solving a cold case murder, Jesus did rise from the dead, and the Gospels are a true account.
Father concludes by relating we are all called to be witnessed today of the risen Jesus. He comes to us in a special way in the Blessed Sacrament and in Mass. He comes to dwell with us so that His spirit can make us also witnesses for our world today of His resurrection.