May 9, 2021
“As the Father has loved Me, so have I loved you; abide in My love.” These simple words of Jesus, before His death, leads us into an infinite mystery: how much He loves you. Before being a call to give, Christians life is an opportunity to receive…infinite Love.
- Love often seems overwhelmed and weak by evil in our world today.
- Jesus said to St. Faustina that to help you understand how much He loves you, contemplate all He did in becoming man, living and then offering His life for you, you personally and only you.
- The first thing Jesus ask us to do is not to love, but to accept to be loved because for us to be able to love, we first have to receive it.
- In order for each of us to bear fruit, we must remain united to the Lord so that His love can flow into us and through us.
- In times when you feel abandoned by God, it doesn’t mean He doesn’t love you. This is why we need faith when we don’t always feel that love.
- When you don’t feel God loving you, this especially is the time necessary to thank God for loving you. It is a powerful act of faith that will make your faith stronger.
“As the Father has loved me, so I have loved you. Live on in my love.” Jesus wants us to understand that He loves us like the Father loved Him. And there’s nothing greater than the love that the Father has for the Son, which is the Holy Spirit.
The key act of faith is not just believing that God exists, or it’s not just believing that Jesus is God, it’s believing that He loves you, personally. Before God’s love can flow through us, we have to receive His love.