January 24, 2021
St. Paul reminds us that our time on earth is short. What is earthly is passing. The time given to each of us is precious. How can we use it well?
- The world is passing away and our time here in this world is limited, so now is the time to judge things rightly. Our time here is important and valuable.
- The world is always trying to distract us from the simple truth. ETERNITY is what really matters.
- We are to believe in the Gospel, the word of Jesus Christ, repent and make a change in our lives.
- We must be attentive to the signs of the times. We can do that by believing in Jesus and seeking God’s will.
- Joseph is a good example of how to use well the time God gives us without fear, without agitation and peacefully trust God knowing that all is in His hands.
Our time here in this world is limited, and it is running out. Because all this world is passing away. The world is always trying to distract us from the simple truth, to make us forget and to act as if this world is all there is. It is almost like the world is trying to put a type of blinders on, so that we cannot look out and we only see what is right around us. To make us forget eternity, which is what really matters. Our short time here is very important. We have a very limited amount of time here. And it is something that is very valuable.
So how can we make good use of this limited time that we have of this one life that we have here on earth? Repent, that is, make a change, and then even more importantly, believe in the Gospel. St. Joseph is a good example of how to use well the time that God gives us without fear, without agitation. without running ourselves ragged, simply doing our duty. And in a very simple, ordinary life, peacefully trusting in God, knowing that all is in His hands. So that is the key to making good use of the limited time we have. It is very simply following God’s will. When it is time to work, work, when it is time to rest, rest.