December 27, 2020
Families today face so many challenges. They are under attack. St. Joseph helps us to discover a simple, powerful help: the grace of silent prayer together as a family.
- The primacy of the interior life of St Joseph was that his life was in union with God and the life of his soul was with the heart of God.
- Joseph’s silent interior life and deep contemplation strengthened him and guided him to his supreme greatness.
- We too can gain special graces by engaging ourselves and our family members in simple practices of being in silence and in union with God.
- Silence gives you an opportunity to talk to God or share your troubles. He will never misunderstand you.
- Take time to listen to God and try to be open to God’s guidance by opening a space in your life for consistent time of conversation with God.
- Important times to receive graces during sacred silence is before Mass, in Mass, after Mass and especially after Holy Communion.
On the Feast of the Holy Family, Father talked about St. Joseph and his interior union with God. St. Joseph surrendered himself to the will of God, and that is what gave him the strength for the difficult decisions and his hard journey in life.
As a means of helping each family member become closer to God, Father introduces sacred silence to help families talk and listen to God in making difficult decisions and going through the struggles in today’s world. One of the tactics of the devil is to keep us distracted by all of the noise and stuff in our life, so we can’t hear God. Beginning sacred silence with our family, we are opening a space for God in our family life.