December 25, 2020
Christmas this year has been especially hard. Like in a time of war, because it is a war. Jesus is the new David, born to lead His people to liberation from evil.
- The trials and tribulations of 2020 reflect well the words of Isaiah the prophet, “The people who walked in darkness…those dwelt in the land of gloom…”.
- Jesus was born in an era of strife, a war zone between good and evil. Today, our world is still in a war zone of evil and suffering.
- Jesus came to liberate us from Satan and sin by His humility and poverty, His Spirit of giving His divine love, mercy and holiness.
- We can help in the war of liberation by GIVING, especially during Mass all that is painful, disappointing and humiliating to us as a gift to our Lord.
- Jesus wants us to RECEIVE His gift which brings Him great joy and to accept His love and mercy.
- Open the door of your life to Jesus so he can come in and act in you and through you for the triumph of His kingdom.
Jesus was born into a war zone between good and evil, which still exists today. The angel said, “To you is born this day in the city of David. He will be great and will be called Son of the Most High and the Lord God will give to Him the throne of His father David.”. Jesus is the New David. Jesus is the great warrior King who comes to free His people from the domination, from the tyranny of Satan and sin.
There is still a war going on. What can we do to help in this great war of liberation? Jesus asks two things: give and receive. We can give that stuff that seems worthless to us, all that is hard, painful and sad and disappointing and humiliating in our life, (like St. Joseph experienced) in the moment of offertory at Mass. To receive is to welcome His gift, because that is His joy. To receive Him in an act of trust, opening the door of our lives to Him.