December 13, 2020
By accepting the prophetic word of God, the Holy Spirit can lead you to the Eternal, Infinite Joy that Jesus calls you to.
- Jesus’s good news to us is that through our sufferings and sadness, He can bring to us the hope of infinite joy.
- When we open ourselves to the power of Jesus Christ, we invite the fire of the Holy Spirit to grow in us and bring us joy.
- Prophesy is God speaking to us. It is God revealing Himself to His people which is so powerful in strengthening our hope of joy.
- The Magnificat, the great canticle of Mary, is a prophetic word from the Blessed Mary herself given to us today.
- John the Baptist is the greatest prophet who comes announcing the presence of the Messiah.
- Our Lady of Guadalupe is an example of prophetic grace delivering the message that the one true God offered Himself in sacrifice out of love for each one of us.
- Our world is often dark, but if we focus on the prophetic word it will give us a light of hope and joy.
His path on this earth is very demanding, but it gives us hope of joy. The first phrase of the prophesy in Isaiah 61 is, “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me.”. The work of the Holy Spirit for the broken hearted, the poor, prisoners in bondage, is to liberate them and bring them hope of joy.
St. Paul says, “Do not extinguish the Holy Spirit.”. God Himself is speaking to His people and announcing the hope of eternal joy. By welcoming His prophetic word, in times of darkness God strengthens us in hope. If we focus on the prophetic word, it gives us a light of hope and joy. As we read in the second part of the passage from Isiah, “I rejoice greatly in the Lord, in my God is the joy of my soul.”.