October 4, 2020
Sunday’s Respect for Life homely expands on the most controversial human rights issue of the day – abortion. Fr. John Mary gives us greater insight on this delicate issue and how to extend a loving, merciful hand to those who favor the “right to choose”.
- The most dangerous place to be in our country is in the mother’s womb.
- Priest for Life’s website offers helpful insight on speaking the truth about abortion in a loving and merciful way.
- The Church and the pro-life movement provide better choices than abortion.
- The Church offers healing and forgiveness after abortion.
- Myth: Because abortion is legal, it is safe and tolerable.
On this Respect Life Sunday, Father provides five ways we can help others understand about the painful topic of abortion by sharing the truth in love and mercy. The Priests for Life have an excellent website for references that can be used.
The prolife message is deeply rooted in the Mass. Christ gives Himself away on the cross and in the Eucharist, by sacrificing Himself for the good of all mankind. This is the reversal of abortion, which says, I sacrifice the other person for the good of myself. The same words our Lord uses to proclaim His love is used by the defenders of abortion, “this is my body.” The unborn child could say “this is my body.” Some say they control their bodies, so other must die. Christ says He gives His body away so that others may live, “This is My body, given up for you”, by the power of these words, the culture of death will be transformed into the culture of life.