September 20, 2020
Jesus draws us in union with Him and the dignity and vocation of the human person is rooted in this union with Christ. It is the direction and reason for our life, and nobody or circumstance can separate us from the love of our Lord.
- God wants to transform the whole world into His Kingdom through the special role of the lay vocation to bring the gospel to ALL places.
- By the power of His grace, the Lord is calling us to be a fruitful worker in His vineyard.
- By remaining united with Jesus, the branch of the vine, we become fruitful workers like St. Paul who was transformed by his loving, faithful trust in Jesus.
- Paul desired to be with Christ and referred to death as a gain for those who seek union with Christ.
- Go to Mass, receive communion, trust in God and respond with “YES” to do His will.
St. Paul teaches us that Jesus wants us to work in His vineyard, to transform the world. We spend our time well by sharing the Gospel with family, work, neighbors, different organizations and through social media.
St. Paul said, “For me, life is Christ and death is a gain.” His focus made him more effective for the work in the Lord’s vineyard. Jesus is calling us to union with Him through Holy Communion and with Him and we can transform His vineyard.