August 16, 2020
Fr. John Mary discusses the manner in which we can approach Jesus with our requests by having true humility, love and faith so that God can act.
- Demons and evil spirits attack everybody, but especially young people and children because God loves them in a special way.
- A pagan woman asks Jesus to heal her daughter from the demon’s torments, but it appears that Jesus is rejecting her request.
- Jesus wanted to use the pagan woman’s faith and love as an example to His Apostles and among the people of Israel.
- The pagan woman continued to believe and trust in Jesus when many rejected Him, even after witnessing His miracles.
- God wants us to approach Him with humble faith so He can act.
- A humble act of intercession prayer is powerful. Jesus can give a person what they need by our intercessions.
- The root of Satan’s sin is pride. The devil can’t tolerate humility.
“Have pity on me, Lord, Son of David. My daughter is tormented by a demon.” This Gospel is an example of how much the demons and evil spirits attack people, especially young people. Even after the mother’s request was seemingly rejected by Jesus, she remained persistent and was motivated by love, faith, humility and trust in Jesus. Because of this, Jesus told her, “Great is your faith” and her daughter was healed.
She was not coming for herself, but interceding for her daughter. This shows the power of intercession… praying for others. We can help others with our prayers by persevering with humility and having faith so God can act.