August 9, 2020
Is God speaking to you? Are you listening?
- God’s words to Elijah were not clear to him and he felt like a failure.
- There are a lot of people who feel like Elijah, overwhelmed by the power of evil, lonely, discouraged and confused about what you are supposed to do.
- Oftentimes, God treats us like Elijah and doesn’t always change everything the way we would want. But He gives us the next steps and what we need to know at the moment.
- There is so much distractions from the evil one that we can’t hear what the Lord is saying. God is calling us away from what is just human and into intimate union with Him.
- For the Holy Spirit to speak to us, times of silence are very important so that we can hear what the Lord is whispering to us.
We’re seeing God who sometimes manifest Himself in very overwhelmingly powerful ways, but here is speaking quietly, whispering in a very subtle way.
God told St. Faustina, “If souls would only want to listen to My voice, when I’m speaking in the depths of their hearts, they will reach the peak of holiness in a short time.”
What is needed at this time where there’s so much confusion and so much lies and manipulation, causing so much fear and anxiety in our society. It’s more important than ever, to be able to listen to the Lord’s whispering in the depths of our heart.