February 16, 2020
Society spends a lot of resources and billions of dollars in education – so much learning. But how much time and resources goes into cultivating wisdom, Divine Wisdom? We have a crisis of wisdom and we need to realize that Divine Wisdom is the only thing which will make a difference for all eternity.
- God’s wisdom is different from the world’s wisdom. God’s Divine Wisdom is mysterious and a path to glory for those who love Him.
- Divine Wisdom is uncreated, but there is a created wisdom given to us by the Holy Spirit and received through Baptism.
- John Paul said the gift of wisdom is an awareness permeated by divine love in which the soul becomes familiar with divine things and taste them.
- There is so much toxic forces that try to dissolve marriage and families. To live a Christian marriage and raise a Christian family needs true formation and wisdom.
- God Year: a year of formation and Divine Wisdom, a year dedicated to God in prayer and spiritual formation.
- The purpose of a “God Year” is to hear God’s call, respond to God’s call and prepare for God’s mission for you.
We live in a society, which is very scientifically advanced. Yet, perhaps more than any other time in human history, there’s confusion about some of the most fundamental of human realities of love, relationships, intimacy, marriage, sexual orientation, and gender. And this confusion is causing a lot of pain, and damage.
What seems to be lacking in our society is not information, but wisdom. The verse we heard before the gospel today, “I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that what you have hidden these things from the wise and the learned.” This is not a wisdom that comes from our own abilities, but is a gift that’s given to the humble and the little. It’s a knowledge in which the soul, because of love, comes into contact with divine things, love for God. This is the great, mysterious divine wisdom that all of us received at Baptism, but it’s up to us to cooperate with that gift, so that gift can grow in us.
Mass is an opportunity to grow in wisdom, to grow in this mysterious, hidden divine wisdom which comes through the gift of the Holy Spirit, uniting us to the Lord. During Mass, with our Blessed Mother, we can make a humble prayer, asking for wisdom.