August 14, 2022
We often face this question in our lives. We have to make important and difficult choices. By the Gift of Counsel, we can have the Holy Spirit’s divine guidance to help us.
This is the sixth in a series of nine homilies on the Gifts of the Holy Spirit. The following are the links to all the homilies in this series:
3rd – The Gift of Piety
4th – The Gift of Fortitude
6th – The Gift of Counsel
7th – The Gift of Knowledge
8th – The Gift of Wisdom
9th – Searching for Wisdom
- Jesus wants to transform our world by the fire of the Holy Spirit.
- Authentic prudence is the virtue that helps us make decisions which align with the true purpose of our life.
- Making decisions is sometimes difficult, so it’s often helpful to take time before deciding to take more time for thought and prayer.
- The Gift of Council is from God, but He still respects our freedom to make decisions. God gives us guidance, and we are free to accept it or not.
- Asking for God’s help and taking some time to pray about it is like opening a door to the Holy Spirit which permits His light to come in.
- We don’t have to rely on ourselves in challenging situations, we can turn to the Holy Spirit and humbly recognize our need for Him.