May 29, 2022
The Ascension of Our Lord reminds us that the end of our life on this earth is only the beginning. If we are faithful to Him, our brief life on earth can continue to bear fruit into eternity, way beyond what we imagine.
- The revelation of the Ascension of Jesus is not being confined, but free, not dark but radiant, not ghostly but glorious, not sad but joyous.
- Jesus is not absent, He is more present and active than ever before. The Ascension teaches us that the end is just the beginning.
- Most of Jesus’ work was after leaving this earth. He began working with no limit, no geographical limit and throughout history.
- Saints are showing us that we can’t measure the fruitfulness of a life by the way things appear on earth or how things appear at the end of our life.
- It is only in eternity that our fruitfulness continues to grow and expand. The end is just the beginning.
- Paul states that the suffering which seems often to limit our fruitfulness on this earth or ability to do good, is often preparing us for much greater eternal fruitfulness.
The fruitfulness of our life is not limited to what we can do here on this earth. Our opportunity for doing good does not end with this life, it increases once we leave, if we’re faithful to Jesus.
The lives of Jesus, the Blessed Mother and the writings of saints, such as St. Faustina and St. Therese, show us that we can’t measure the fruitfulness of a life, just by the way things appear here on earth, even the way things appear at the end of our life and that it will only be in heaven, that we will be able to fully bear fruit and realize all the fruit that began just as seeds here on this earth.