December 5, 2021
How does the prophecy of Baruch in the darkest days of Gods’ people give us hope for the Church today?
- God sent Baruch, a prophet, to warn Jerusalem that the Babylonian army was knocking on Judea’s door. The leaders refused to listen to the voices of the prophets and continued in their sinful ways.
- The lowest point in all of Israel’s history was when Judea and Jerusalem were captured, destroyed and the people were exiled in Babylon.
- Today, there are many issues in the Church. It is a human organization that also has a divine dimension.
- The Church is the Bride of Christ and our Mother.
- A prophetic sign for our Church today is that after this terrible time of trial and purification, God himself will act to renew the Church.
- Our Blessed Mother and Her Immaculate Conception is the great sign of hope for all the Church. She is the Mother of the Church ad the greatest example of what the Church is to be.
This is a prophetic word, to trust in God’s love for us and for His Church, and to trust and hope in the renewal of the Church, sharing His triumph.