September 19, 2021
We often compare ourselves to others and want to be first. This causes many conflicts. Is there a better path to true greatness?
- There is a part of us which wants to be first, the greatest or before others. Even in spiritual life, we want to be the holiest or the best. This competition can have bad consequences.
- The strength necessary to become great lies in love. Be simple, humble, affectionate to Jesus and to others. Obey His words.
- It is necessary to be like children with regard to loving, kindness, humility, simplicity and faith.
- Jesus says to become like children if you wish to enter His kingdom. Love children as they are angelical examples still at your disposal.
- He who welcomes a child in My name, welcomes Me, because I am in the innocent souls of children. He who welcomes Me, welcomes Him who sent Me, the most high.
- Earthly greatness comes by our own efforts often with the help of the devil. Eternal greatness comes above all from God when we are open to cooperating with Him.
- Humiliations, failures, struggles and trails can become opportunities for eternal greatness because they help us to be humble which opens the door to God’s grace.
If anyone would be first, he must be the last of all, and the servant of all. Whoever humbles himself, like this child, He is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.