August 22, 2021
Jesus asks us the same question as He asked His disciples. He is revealing a Mystery which is hard to believe, yet has the power to transform our world: His Sacrifice is made present when the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass is offered.
- Jesus leaves us free, doesn’t try to force us or manipulate us into making the decision to believe in the Mystery of the Holy Eucharist.
- There is only one solution to today’s problems and that is believing in Jesus that saves. By His sacrifice, he taught us how He spent His whole life doing one thing – saving.
- By His Word we know that the bread and wine are changed to become truly His body, blood, soul and divinity. This is called transubstantiation.
- The Catechism states clearly that when Mass is celebrated, it makes present the sacrifice of Jesus on Calvary.
- The Protestant reformers accepted that the Mass could be the celebration of the Last Supper, but they rejected that it was His sacrifice made present.
- Our faith is what plugs us into the power of Jesus’ sacrifice and permits that power to flow. It’s in the measure of our faith, of our trust in Him, that we can receive His grace.
Our world has many great problems. The practical solution, the one practical solution is Jesus Christ and His sacrifice, He is the only Savior. The second point is that His sacrifice is made present in the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass. And the third point is, that’s not enough for us to receive those, we need to have faith.
Jesus asks you, “will you also go away?” He’s asking you to believe and especially have faith in these painful dark times that we’re living.