April 25, 2021
Peter is facing powerful forces, trying to destroy Jesus and His Church. So are we today. Peter boldly proclaims Jesus. “There is salvation in no one else.” There is a solution to the worst problems of our world. There is only one: Jesus.
- During Jesus’s execution, the apostles were weak and Peter denied Jesus. After Pentecost, the Sanhedrin tried to destroy the Church, but the apostles were strong and faithful to the Church.
- The New Testament makes it clear that there is only one Savior, Jesus, and it is the Church’s role to give witness to Jesus.
- Everything that is good is in Jesus and we can lead the world and give testimony to He, who is the solution to all the world’s problems.
- John Paul proclaimed, “Open wide the door to Christ, our Redeemer.” The Church’s fundamental function is to direct man’s gaze towards the mystery of Jesus Christ.
- Humanity is searching for something great, transcendent, deeper, ultimate, good, true and beautiful but fail to understand the Jesus is the fullness of all that is good and beautiful.
- Jesus is the primary service which the Church can render to every individual and to all humanity in the modern world.
- Each person has a right to Jesus and it is our responsibility to proclaim and give witness to Jesus Christ to all people.
In a time when the apostles were under arrest by the Sanhedrin and they were trying to destroy the Church, Peter boldly proclaimed that there is salvation in no one else but Jesus.
In today’s world, the world is trying to destroy the Church and saying that no one has the right to impose our faith in Jesus on other cultures. St. John Paul’s document written in 1990 says that now is the time for the Church to boldly proclaim Jesus and share the message with the rest of the world. It is our missionary duty to proclaim there is salvation in no one else.