January 03, 2021
The Epiphany highlights a critical and vulnerable moment in the great spiritual battle that we all are in. In St. Joseph we see God’s surprising strategy that we can all learn from.
- In the time of the Magi and the protection of Mary and Jesus from the powerful king, Herod the Great, we sometimes overlook the role of St. Joseph during the war of spirits.
- It is important of us to learn how to be effective in our lives against the war of spirits by learning from Joseph’s example.
- HUMILITY: St. Joseph’s humility made him receptive to the information needed from the Lord to protect Jesus and His future mission.
- FAITH: Because of his faith and belief in the message of an angel, he was open to receive and trust information and good intelligence to act upon.
- OBEDIENCE: Due to St. Joseph’s obedience to protect the Holy Family, God’s power and wisdom was able to act through him.
St. Joseph was chosen to protect Jesus and Mary during a critical time, when Herod was trying to kill Jesus. He was all alone against the power of the king. Because of his effective war strategy, sticking to the mission God gave him, in protecting Jesus and the Blessed Mother by his virtues of faith, humility, and obedience, Joseph was extremely effective and successful.
What is the lesson we can learn from St. Joseph as we are living in today’s world? We are in the same war and we are also vulnerable to the attacks of evil. By the strategy of St. Joseph’s humility, faith, obedience to God we can be more effective in our war against evil.