November 29, 2020
During the Advent season, Fr. John Mary reminds us to trust and have faith. With oppression of sin, corruption and darkness in the world, Our Lord Jesus Christ is in control today and throughout history to guide His faithful to the great reunion in His Kingdom.
- Where is the Lord when there is chaos, sin and evil dominating the world?
- Christianity is about historical events where God works and acts throughout history.
- When prophesies went silent, John the Baptist proclaimed the times had come for God to open the heavens to send down His son.
- God is leading humanity throughout history to that great gathering, that great reunion in his kingdom.
- It’s important that we can help others believe in the midst of struggles that Jesus Christ is Lord of history.
As in the passage of Isaiah, “you have hidden your face from us,” many people wonder where God is in the world today, with so much chaos. Since sin, man experienced how far away God is, but through Jesus Christ, God became one of us, as shown in the reading from Isaiah, “Oh that you would rend the heavens and come down.”
God is present even if things seem out of control. Through the historical events of Christianity, God reveals to us that Jesus is the Lord of history, leading to the triumph of His kingdom.