January 5, 2020
In today’s world, many feel lost and confused on what God wills for their lives. Using the example of the Magi, Fr. John Mary gives us steps to seek and choose the will of God in our daily lives.
- When facing he question on what we should do in a particular situation, the key thing to do is to decide to seek God’s will. This is an act of love and trust by putting God first.
- By choosing God’s will, you are entering into the great current of God’s merciful designs of what you were make for, the grace that He made for you.
- The Magi’s lives were changed because they were seeking God’s will. No different from the lives of Jesus, Mary and Joseph who were attentive to the ways God communicated with them.
- The Magi recognized God’s ways of communication by being attentive to the star for direction, by stopping and reflecting on the prophetic text of scripture and by directly through a dream vision.
- We should seek God’s will first and then be attentive to all the different ways that He is guiding us.
In the story of the Epiphany, the Magi are a good example of people who are seeking God’s will. God led them to Bethlehem and back again on a different route by giving them different signs. But they had to be attentive and seeking God’s will to recognize those various signs.
So, there’s one key thing for us to answer the question about “what should I do.” And that key thing is to decide to seek God’s will. It doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re going to hear something, it means we’re trying to be attentive to all the different ways God communicates. But if you are seeking His will, you’re doing your part, you’re doing what you can, and the rest depends on Him. It’s only He who can manifest what His will is, and a lot of times, it’s pretty mysterious. But as we learned from the Magi, we can choose to seek God’s will, and say “Thy will be done.”